JP Morgan Chase
Software Enablement Engineer
Req #: 190030603
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a Software Engineer in the Enablement function, you will work with leads to build a sense of community, partnership, knowledge and ownership across our entire engineering community. You will act as an advocate for our engineering teams to lead, design and implement outreach programs for training, interactive forums and events. You will be responsible for incubating engineering efficiency solutions and implement solutions that will positively transform how we delivery software solutions to our business. You will provide transparency into our book of work and collaborate across multiple lines-of-business to identify areas of opportunity, define priorities and deliver results. You will challenge the status quo and create a culture of individual continuous learning and improvement.
Your success in this organization will be based on:
* Ability to take an entrepreneurial approach to define and deliver solutions to enable our engineering community to more quickly deliver high quality business results and improve overall engineer satisfaction
* Partnership with the engineering community and ability to design, plan and execute hands-on training sessions, regular interactive forums, code-a-thons and various events to motivate and empower engineers
* Quality and effectiveness of content created and published on technology primers, best practices and guidelines
* 5+ years' experience in IT, with a focus on delivering strategic technology programs in addition to the management of large scale process improvements and organizational change programs.
* Knowledge of technology architecture principals and software development practices and tools.
* Sound knowledge with Enterprise Java development, NoSQL data platforms (e.g., Cassandra and HBase), In-Memory Databases (e.g., Redis and Gemfire), messaging (Kafka) and Spring Framework / Springboot.
* Experience in building CI/CD pipelines built using Gradle, Maven or SBT.
* Familiarity with Machine Learning frameworks is an advantage.
* Familiarity with Design Thinking is a plus
* Strong understanding of DevOps and Agile principles and values and expertise working in DevOps/Agile project environment with the ability to operate development and discussion forums through a deep understanding of current application development tools and techniques as they relate to Cloud native development and DevOps.
* Experience using, and writing, architectural patterns, standard methodologies, and guidelines for enterprise applications and Tech Primers.
* A fundamental desire and focus on minimizing overhead and complexity while empowering and enabling self-managing & agile delivery.
* Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are essential, as are strong diplomatic skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholder groups.
* Contributions to open source technologies and building development communities across organizations.
* Work with Enablement Lead to connect with other development teams and incubate solutions in partnership, then harvest and propagate after successful outcome.
* Promote best practices and support and guide teams and act as their advocates to the centralized teams.
Our focus is on continuous improvement; we never settle for yesterday's achievements. We embrace the principles and values of Agile, the methodologies of Scrum and the practices of Lean. We lead by example and enable our engineering teams to deliver high-quality results to our business partners quickly. We are practitioners of inclusion and realize that the ultimate success of our organization relies on our ability to hire diverse candidates.
The AWM Architecture and Engineering group serves all aspects of the business, providing premier architecture solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development. We focus on enabling innovation, rapid execution and empowering the engineering teams across AWM. We develop architectural standard methodologies, core services and lead the development and adoption of Hybrid Cloud solutions using Cloud-native architectures, and platforms.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.