We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The PC Core Technology (PCCT) Team represents a centralized domain responsible for managing holdings, investment performance, and automated re-balancing across the universe of investment portfolios within Schwab. The PCCT Development team is looking for a seasoned Software Development Team Lead who will excel in a dynamic, fast-paced and Agile environment. PCCT offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop leading edge and high-performance financial applications. The right candidate will lead an agile software development team building enterprise-scale applications for managing and serving investment performance data.
What you'll do:
The Team Lead will work closely with their development teams and stakeholders to implement new features, enhancements, and fixes for a large and complex portfolio management system. The job will include design and development of advanced reporting capabilities in the investment performance domain while also addressing complicated scalability requirements. The candidate should have strong object oriented design and programming skills using Windows .NET C#, REST or SOAP Services, Web APIs, MongoDB (or SQL) and experience implementing object oriented solutions for desktop as well as cloud-based deployment. This role will require strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis.
What you have:
10+ years experience successfully developing and deploying production-grade software
* Experience developing large-scale, high-performance applications
* Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
* Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
* 9+ years developing with C#, .Net
* 4+ years developing web services - preferably REST services
* Experience developing software on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc)
* Very strong object oriented design skills with proven track record of well-engineered design.
* Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly and contribute at the architectural and coding levels.
* 4+ years programming to relational databases
* Strong estimation skills with ability to provide reasonable forecasts of team delivery
* Experience with unit testing and history of successful interaction with a QA group
* Experience and a desire to mentor peers and junior staff
* Capability and strong desire to be a technical leader within a scrum environment
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
* Familiarity with Agile methodologies is a plus
* Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a plus
* Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
* Experience with Redis or other in-memory caching platforms
* Experience with RabbitMQ or other messaging frameworks
* Experience with TPL, in particular the Dataflow library
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.