Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Database Security Group is chartered to provide security infrastructure components for Oracle product groups and develop security products and solutions for Oracle customers. Oracle is the leader and pioneer in database security. Our group has been innovating and extending the lead on our competitors. We develop core database security infrastructure and functionality in database that address emerging security challenges for enterprise level applications. Cloud security, homeland security, privacy, compliance, defense and healthcare are among the areas that benefit from the technologies we develop.
We have exciting opportunities in developing new security features and products in the database to support database and security service on Oracle Cloud. Development manager is needed to build:
1) Database Vault - key enhancements for for operational security of Oracle autonomous databases.
2) Database Firewall - new product to monitor and control database activities natively
* Provide strong technical leadership in the development of a new database security infrastructure.
* Specify, design and implement major features and enhancements for a new security platform.
* Recommend and justify major changes to existing features, components and processes.
* Collaborate with other development, testing and integration groups in joint efforts to deliver the new software.
* Assume ownership of key components and modules, and maintain and enhance them.
* Provide technical advise and guidance to developers and testers.
* Strong technical expertise in security, database and system.
* Strong communication skills, analytical skills, and hands-on problem solving capabilities
* MS degree or equivalent experience is preferred
* 8 years of system software development and 3 years of development management experience
* Experience with RDBMS or complex system software or database applications
* Experience in building web applications on Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, OCI, etc)
* Programing skills in C/C , Java.
* Experience in leading a team of engineers to deliver high quality products or solutions
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.