Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a Senior Director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to current and future design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision improvements to the architecture.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are looking for Director/Senior Director of Engineering with expertise and passion in delivering best in class SaaS applications. As an engineering leader, you should be customer focused, possess a Dev Ops mindset, and innovative to re-imagine the next generation General Ledger and ERP Cloud Financials service.
Technology is fueling a change in finance. Visionary finance leaders view applications and technology as a service. Oracle ERP Cloud is the leader in leveraging emerging new technologies to deliver the most modern Saas applications and ensure scalability and performance.
Oracle Financials Cloud has set a new standard for the way companies innovate, work, and adopt technology. The Financials Cloud, which is at the heart of the ERP cloud, is the most comprehensive, integrated, and scalable financial management solution available and revolutionizes how finance users interact with data, and make decisions. Oracle Fusion General Ledger, the key part of Financials Cloud, has a world class, modern, intuitive, standards based user interface that provides real-time information about common financial activities, pinpoints issues that require attention, and helps you prioritize your day-to-day activities. Financial statements are both boardroom ready and highly interactive. Our goal is to continue to innovate using the latest in technology to provide unprecedented insight, analytics, integration, and automated business flows with the richest user experience.
Our development team is a close knit, exciting, and diverse group of people with tremendous passion for the product. We continually engage with our customers to ensure their successful adoption of our service and take great pride in empowering them. We are in the early stages of an ambitious, innovative, design for the next generation of finance transformation. As a Director/Sr. Director of engineering you will lead the software development team and development for major components of Oracle's Fusion General Ledger. You should be able to understand functional requirements, able to architect scalable solutions, while being very hands-on, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and lower level system interactions. You should be able to work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative Solutions.
These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, and working on ambitious new initiatives with large enterprises who are adopting ERP Cloud after decades of operating on-premise. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge solutions for high volume, high performance requirements and redefining financial application solutions for Cloud. Our products are built using a variety of technologies including Oracle JET/ADF, Java, REST Services, Pro*C, Hyperion Essbase, BI/Analytics, AI/ML as well as the latest database technology.
* Candidate will be responsible for providing thought leadership and execution direction
* Establish and develop process and methodologies to meet and execute on strategy
* Possess modern Dev Ops mindset to delivering best in class SaaS applications
* Possess the ability to lead and guide functional projects from design through implementation
* Multiple years of experience in bringing creative ideas and proposals to development teams and executives, identifying solutions that positively impact customer usage and customer satisfaction, supported by qualitative justification and quantitative analysis.
* Demonstrated experience in engaging and influencing business leaders, including designing and building executive level dashboards, scorecards, and trend reports.
* Proven track record of building and leading results-focused teams with high discipline in prioritization and execution
* Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally across all levels of management and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Working with geographically distributed teams and contribute to the success of his/her and other related teams.
* Work effectively with Operations, Product management & Strategy teams for reviewing product designs & ironing out design deficiencies
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Practical experience with large scale SaaS development in a DevOps environment, including feature engineering, feature evaluation, feature selection and automation of such tasks.
* 10 years of software engineering or related experience
* 10 years of experience managing a product development teams
* 5 years of experience in dealing with critical issues during customer adoption and influencing successful go lives
* Knowledge of business critical Period Close processing activities in subledgers such as Fixed Assets, Payables etc and integrations with General Ledger
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.