Partners Data Systems
Job ID R90973 Date posted Feb. 07, 2019
Sr. Principal Engineer - Client Product Group Software Engineering - Austin, TX
As a Senior Principal Engineer, you'll work with an experienced team of engineers to deliver Applications required for Dell's next generation products. You will apply skills and experience across the full cycle of software development (specification development and review, debug and validation) to deliver applications that add differentiation for Dell products. This leadership position is in the Client Product Group Software Engineering Organization. We are offering a unique opportunity to a highly motivated, competent individual. You will be a key contributor in helping the OS engineering team deliver superior quality software meeting business commitments and delighting our customers.
* Senior technical "leadership/SME/hands on" position in a fast paced results oriented environment
* Design and Develop UWP apps that add value for Dell customers
* Interlock with Microsoft on UWP platform enhancements
* Proof of Concept design and implementation/productizing
* Manage application architecture, system architecture, component definition, design
* Work directly with multiple developer teams to implement or import pre-existing cross functional application into the new designed UWP apps.
* Interfaces with external validation partners to develop comprehensive development plans and tests coverage across multiple test organizations.
* Undergraduate degree or Graduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar field
* 10-12 years of experience in the software industry working in Application/OS development
* Strong knowledge and relevant experience of at least one of the below areas, multiple areas are preferred -
programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system (Windows/Linux), and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities.
* Excellent coding skills in C# and Python scripting. PowerShell is a plus.
* Knowledge of HTML and XML, and processing these standards in Python or other languages.
* Familiar with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit.
* Able to code/debug and guide others to code/debug flexible, scalable and complex programs, using either written or verbal design specifications. Strong debugging skills.
* Familiarity with several Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies. Able to define and document how a specific Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance method will be used for specific projects.
* Hands on experience with the use of various defect tracking systems (i.e. JIRA, Confluence) and source code management systems (especially Bitbucket)
* Flexible and adaptable to different roles in different phases of the project lifecycle
* Excellent Communication skills (both verbal and written). Able to clearly articulate complex technical issues in a straight forward and concise manner.
* Proven track record delivering quality software in a fast paced, dynamic environment consisting of a culturally diverse set of people.
* Able to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience.
* Flexible and adaptable in meeting the changing needs of the department and business.
* Agile software development experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you're ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.