Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Performance and Scalability Engineers are highly skilled software engineers focus on improving the performance of Workday software end to end for each and every Business Process by engineering each and every software components of the technology stack. These engineers have thorough and deep understanding of Hardware components of various CPU architectures, Memory architectures, network topologies and other key components of the System. These engineers analyze the Software components end to end for every Business Process and engineer the same by understanding the Workloads, correlate Key Performance Indicators across complex systems. Platform performance and scalability are achieved by building transparency in every corner of our product and by working closely with all of our engineering teams throughout the Software Development Release Cycle. Our ultimate goal is application performance and scalability that yields an excellent end-user experience and scales to meet Software as a Service Infrastructure needs to serve our customers with highest satisfaction to meet their Business goals.
* 1-3 years of experience in Object Oriented Design and Development with strong JAVA experience
* Experience in performance analysis, benchmarking and tuning of large scale applications using Load Testing tools
* Experience in identifying root cause analysis of performance bottlenecks by monitoring the systems end to end
* Strong background / knowledge in system architectures, high-performance computing, and distributed systems
* Performance test planning, setup, and execution across complex systems
* Experience in capacity planning would be a plus
* Ability to clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders with Key Performance Indicators
* A distinguished track record of delivering on technically demanding projects
* Collaborative team player
* Comfortable in a UNIX or Linux environments
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Thorough understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization
* Experience in building and automating complex workload models for Distributed systems
* BS in Computer Science and 2+ relevant industry experience
* Experience with LoadRunner, JMeter, SOASTA or other Load Testing Tools
* Experience with JProfiler, DynaTrace, Jconsole or any other JAVA Profiling Tools
* Experience in analyzing sar / vmstat / iostat / netstat / top system level metrics correlate the utilization pattern to Software workloads
* Experience in SQL, MySQL, SPARK or relevant experience
* Deep knowledge and understanding of JAVA Internals (JVM Performance Tuning, Garbage Collection algorithms)
* Web Application Development, Administering Application Servers Tomcat, Web Services development (SOAP or REST)
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.