About the teamWe are on a mission to make buying or selling a home a magical experience for all parties. With Zillow Offers, we are building a next-generation product to buy homes directly from interested homeowners, thereby sparing them the tremendous stress and effort of the selling process. We then quickly re-sell these homes, while providing buyers with complete certainty, transparency, and control. This is a key initiative at Zillow as we define the future of the real estate.
About the role
Are you passionate about growing the careers of your team members while remaining deep in technical details? As a development manager on this team, you'll get to contribute your technical expertise while building strong people management skills. Managers at Zillow Group collaborate with business leads, product managers, and the developers on their team to ensure the success of product efforts. They also serve as technical leaders, making pragmatic architecture recommendations and decisions and owning the overall quality of the features their team ships.
What You'll Do:
* Provide technical leadership for your team and the broader organization
* Mentor and grow developers of all skill levels
* Stay hands-on with the features your team builds, including writing code
* Architect maintainable, testable, scalable systems
* Contribute to the entire development lifecycle from concept to release
Architect and implement APIs and web services
* Develop amazing user experiences
* Iterate quickly and ship code frequently
* Be willing to work on both front-end and back-end features as business requirements change
* Have a user-centered focus and a real passion for consumer products
While we are always looking for new ways to innovate, our current code base is a mix of:
* React, Redux, Node.js
* Many AWS services
Who you are
* A college degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
* At least two years in a management or tech lead role
* Dedicated to mentoring and growing the potential of others.
* A proven track record of high productivity in designing, coding, and debugging web applications and backend services.
* Experience with React for building web UIs
* Strong experience building scalable backend services. AWS and distributed systems is a plus.
* Leadership qualities like a sense of ownership, strong interpersonal skills, creativity, initiative, attention to detail, and consistently delivering results.
* Experience working with the offshore team would be a plus
Get to know usZillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help. Zillow is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.