About the teamWe are on a mission to make buying and selling a home a magical experience for all parties. In the Zillow Offers product, Zillow buys homes directly from interested homeowners, thereby sparing them the tremendous stress and effort of the selling process. To then quickly re-sell these homes, our team is building next-generation experiences for a buyer to find, tour, and purchase a home with complete certainty, transparency, and control. This is a key initiative at Zillow as we define the future of real estate.
About the role
Zillow embraces daunting challenges like this one, and that's why we are looking for a Senior Development Manager to help lead our success. Instant Offers is still in very early stages, so come seize this rare opportunity and apply your technical and management expertise in a brand new arena. You will be joining a passionate team of developers who are building Zillow into the biggest real-estate marketplace online. We believe in autonomy and moving fast, so self-motivation and the energy to blaze trails is a must-have for this role. As a Development Manager of this team you will:
* Lead the architecture and implementation of web services and consumer experiences on web and mobile.
* Iterate quickly and ship code frequently.
* Own the quality of your team's feature work.
* Empower your direct reports with knowledge and opportunities to grow in their careers.
* Research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies within Zillow.
* Be willing to apply your experience to problems at every level of the tech stack.
* Champion operational excellence with a real passion for best-in-class, bulletproof product.
Who you are
* Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
* At least five years of full-time experience and very high proficiency programming in Java, C#, or Python.
* At least two years in a management or tech lead role. Real passion for mentoring and growing the potential of others.
* A proven track record of high productivity in crafting, coding, debugging web applications and backend services.
* Collaborative working style with a strong focus on disciplined execution and results.
* Iterative approach to software development combined with the drive to move fast and think big.
* Dedication to great engineering, demonstrated through depth and breadth of knowledge.
* Expertise building and scaling resilient backend services.
* Experience with AWS, distributed systems, and/or app development a plus.
* Very proficient with at least one of Java, Python, or C#.
Get to know usZillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help. Zillow is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.