Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a Manager of Software Development in Alexa's Core Speech Technologies org, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and machine learning scientists in design, development, test, and deployment of software and machine learning models that will make our speech recognition system performant, robust, scalable and extensible. You will manage a team responsible for text transformations critical to Alexa's machine learning such as tokenization, formatting, transliteration and language classification.
A successful candidate will have an established background in leading large machine learning applications and/or building large, complex software systems, and preferably with systems software development. The candidate will have strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
* Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
* Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering and science team within an Agile/Scrum environment
* Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
* Work closely with the engineers and scientists to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you are an experienced software development manager, have a track record of delivering to timelines with high quality, are comfortable providing technical direction, have mentored and grown engineers and/or scientists and are deeply technical and innovative, we want to talk to you.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.