Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device and one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. You will work on developing next generation Web Reading products and experiences that will be used by millions of customers. If you get excited about having big influence this is the opportunity, your work will as serve as the entry point to Amazon customers discovering books, buying books and reading books on the web. This team has several firsts in Kindle, launching several innovative products worldwide that have changed the way customers read today - the first Kindle App under 2MB, Web Manga in Japan, Look Inside, etc.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact to the design, architecture, and implementation of products that span multiple internal Amazon teams, to deliver solutions that are customer delighters. This role will have regular interactions with various internal business owners to help prioritize tasks/projects, handling system issues, and managing communication across all stakeholders.
* Be responsible for the overall systems development life cycle of a key product subsystem
* Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
* Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team of engineers within an Agile/Scrum environment
* Ensure that design and architecture decisions by your team meet goals and vision of platform
* Manage of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
* Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
* Responsible for both development and operations of product(s)
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.