Edelman Financial Engines is seeking an experienced professional to join its team as a Software Development Manager in Boston, MA
Come join our development team as a Software Development Manager responsible for leading team(s) to grow our business. We are looking for someone with strong technical, managerial and architectural skills. This person will work with our team of developers to drive our workplace experience through the development of new tools/projects and enhancements of existing tools and processes. This high visibility role collaborates across the Edelman Financial Engines Organization to ensure the team is equipped to provide our customers with a best in class experience. The person will work closely with Product and Technology Organizations and external consultants to proactively communicate the needs of the team to effectively execute the corporate vision.
* Hands-on Technical Manager
* Provide technical/architectural leadership and help deliver great products using Scrum methodology.
* Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts.
* Oversee the design and development of new/existing products, tools, procedures.
* Hold your own in a technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
* Is able to provide advice and architectural insights to technical decisions being made by the team.
* Ability to help plan and execute projects that are of value to the business stakeholders.
* Has the ability to set a direction for the team and ensures all team members understand and follow major technical decisions.
* Helps ensure the team is delivering high-quality software that meets the needs of the customers.
* Good understanding of how to best allocate engineers to tasks + good feel for how long a task should take an engineer to complete
* Identifies the best way to divide work into smaller iterations
* Quickly understand EFE system architecture in order to identify the best technical approach to solving problems
* Strong software engineering principles and a good understanding of industry best practices
* Provides strong insights on code reviews
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or a related discipline).
* Over 8 years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management
* Over 8 years coding in the following languages (or equivalent): Java, C#, Python, PHP, SQL
* Full stack Java technology experience is a plus
* AWS experience is a plus
* Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
* Proven track record of developing or leading projects with positive achievements
* Excellent presentation skills and previous instructor-led facilitation experience preferred
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* High detail orientation with the ability to see the big picture
* Strong critical thinking, creative problem-solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with cross-functional and remote teams, at all levels of the organization, both internally and with clients
* Excellent organizational and follow-through skills; able to prioritize and manage many simultaneous tasks and priorities
* Ability to influence cross-functional people and resources to ensure timely completion of tasks that meet quality standards
* Willingness to adhere to established processes while keeping an eye for opportunities to improve or develop processes, structures, and systems
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interests of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors - not just the wealthy - deserve access to personal, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America's top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron's with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.1 million clients to manage over $181 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client's situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
For more information, visit EdelmanFinancialEngines.com and FinancialEngines.com.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 Ranking and status for 2017. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/);
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron's is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is an online investment manager providing retirement account services for individuals.