Software Development Manager
Our Manager/Technical Team Leads are people leaders who manage an Agile software development team while owning the full software development lifecycle, from requirements & development through implementation and maintenance of software solutions. This person will manage a group of software engineers and work within a cross functional team. They must demonstrate both leadership and technical skills, ensuring the team's productivity, work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure they consistently exceed business requirements and quality while meeting project timelines. - Leadership and people skills - ability to coach, recognize, motivate their team as well as provide regular feedback. Ability to manage performance and collaboratively develop career plans.
* Servant Leader -able to garner technical respect from his/her team and be willing to get hands dirty to get the job done.
* Assertive - voice of reason and authority, makes the tough calls on team productivity while supporting the prioritization process.
* Situationally Aware - first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them as necessary.
* Collaborative - effectively works across multiple teams and partners, removing roadblacks to achieve desired outcomes for a given project.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment.
* Agile steward - Ensures their team is following agile processes (backlog grooming, demos, estimating, retrospectives, etc.)
* Passionate for continuous improvement of processes and software, well versed with Agile (Scrum/Kanban), test-driven development and ensuring their teams are following best practices. Partner with colleagues including Scrum Masters and Product Owners to identify and realize efficiencies.
* Current role as Technical Team Lead or Software Engineering Manager.
* Excellent communication skills and able to work collaboratively.
Preferred Qualifications- Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through and delivering on- responsibilities- Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor and working as part of an extended team- Strong technical leadership skills and the ability to mentor and develop team members- Ability to drive team culture and performance.
* M.S. or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
EEO StatementDonlen is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening. Donlen is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Donlen is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.