Are you ready to pursue some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in AWS? Do you want to have a high impact on the security of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and their customers?
Successful candidates will have experience leading teams to build scalable, customer-centric systems. You should have experience operating a service and growing your customer base to meet their needs. You will work with senior leaders, principal engineers, and security specialists to define the roadmap for a globally distributed cryptographic security service.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you partner with Product Management to plan, design, and deliver the best experience for millions of customers. Your passion for the potential of computing to improve people's lives, and proven experience managing complex technology projects will help you make strong business judgments. Roll up your sleeves, build an engineering team second to none, and have fun while creating significant customer value!
Your expertise is deep and broad; you start with the customer and work backwards to develop a coherent vision for services that support the flexibility and scale that customers expect from us. You have built and operated systems that support high-end business complexity and scale with simple and elegant solutions that are highly decoupled, yet operate in concert to produce customer experiences that are unique to Amazon. You will be responsible for a material piece of AWS Insights and join a select group of a people making history producing and selling infrastructure and software as a service. You will do this with an organization that is the acknowledged market leader and is regularly redefining the new normal for what is possible.
We are looking for a leader like you to grow our talented team of dedicated professionals. As a software development leader you will...
1. Lead a team of software development engineers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that our customers depend on.
2. Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
3. Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
4. Work closely with other AWS teams to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
5. Obsess over protecting customer information
6. Mentor a large group of people with a direct handle on the pulse of each employee on your team.
7. Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
8. Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within AWS on a weekly basis.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.