Want to make the Earth's largest product catalog of billions of items, available in any language, all over the world, all the time?
The catalog team is looking for a highly technical manager who enjoys solving complex business problems that have massive global impact. You and your team of engineers will build software to experiment, and apply machine learning algorithms, business rules by engaging micro-services. This is an opportunity to have significant influence on the technical strategy and delivery of Amazon's key initiatives like expansion to new countries, new languages, new physical stores, new product lines and so on. Your breadth of impact will range from how sellers and vendors list their products with Amazon's catalog, to how products make it through Amazon's fulfillment centers and to how our shopping customers find and discover the products they love!
As a SDM, you are empowered to:
* Own vision, strategy planning, prioritization, driving architectural decisions, and end-to-end project delivery.
* Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
* Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
* Manage careers of talented engineers, including making great hiring decisions, setting goals, providing feedback and managing performance.
* Develop best practices to build and operate critical catalog platform services.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.