Amazon Alexa is seeking leaders.
We are seeking a Software Development Manager. As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading teams of engineers in design, development, testing, and deployment of features on our mobile platforms and our backend services. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, proven track record of building and leading strong and motivated engineering organizations, have strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
Specifically, you will:
* Manage a team of high caliber Software Engineers working on building world class, scalable distributed systems and mobile customer experiences.
* Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Development Engineers at different levels of experience.
* Manage and execute against project plans and deliver commitments within a professional, high paced engineering environment.
* Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
* Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software.
* Drive improvements in software engineering practices.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
* 4+ years experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on mobile, architectural and/or distributed systems experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Experience building and operating extremely high volume and highly scalable web services
* Experience building and operating highly available, 24x7 services
* Experience hiring, building, motivating and leading teams
* Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
* Experience building and operating globally distributed systems
* Experience extending core capabilities of existing systems to anticipate future needs
* Past success with being a forward thinker and an advocate for the customer
* Strong business and technical vision
We offer excellent pay, generous stock and bonus plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, and more. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.