Software Development Manager
Are you a software development leader who wants to help build a strategic area within Amazon? AmazonFresh and Prime Now are pioneering businesses offering ultra-fast delivery on fresh grocery, household essentials, and the best of Amazon.com. We are seeking a talented Software Development Manager to lead a team in our development center in New York City supporting Global Marketing, Membership, and Insights.
In this role, you will lead a team of engineers to design, develop, test, and deploy innovative marketing and membership products, tools, and services. You will work with business leaders and product managers to shape these products and to develop and deliver the associated software services, infrastructure and tools to enable rapid growth of this business. This requires thorough knowledge of what it takes to develop extensible technology, as well as how to structure and develop a large organization. The systems you will oversee include critical customer-facing applications (desktop and mobile), low latency high transaction throughput backend services, and integrations with Amazon's core e-commerce platform. This presents a significant intellectual, technical, operational and organizational challenge.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing systems, strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. They also have a proven track record hiring and developing engineers, helping them meet and exceed their career goals. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
Key responsibilities include:
* Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then working with the development leads, deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
* Define creative, high-quality roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
* Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
* Proactively identify and resolve issues to help the team meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
* Responsible for the overall development lifecycle of our platforms and solutions
* Manage complex projects with significant business impact within and beyond our organization
* Working with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
* Work closely with senior and principal engineers to develop the best technical architectures and designs for new product development
* Instill best practices for software development and deliver high-quality products on tight schedules
* Maintaining a high level of operational excellence with your team and across the engineering organization
* Hiring and development
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.