Join a greenfield project and grow your full-stack and distributed skills. Our tools are used by more than 10,000 unique Amazonians every day. Help us empower teams at Amazon to quickly create their own tools while working with some of the most experienced Sr. SDEs, PEs, TPMs, and SDMs at Amazon.
The Diagnostics Platform team is looking for a highly technical manager who enjoys solving complex business problems that have massive global impact. You and your team of engineers will build software to make problem solving across an increasingly complex ecosystem of services an easy-to-use (and build) task.
This is an opportunity to have significant influence on the technical strategy and delivery of Amazon's key initiatives like expansion to new countries, new languages, new physical stores, new product lines and so on. Your breadth of impact will range from how sellers, vendors and customers use self-service tools to solve problems with listing their products with Amazon's catalog, and beyond. This work has a direct impact on the customer experience!
As a SDM, you are empowered to:
* Own vision, strategy planning, prioritization, driving architectural decisions, and end-to-end project delivery.
* Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
* Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
* Manage careers of talented engineers, including making great hiring decisions, setting goals, providing feedback and managing performance.
* Develop best practices to build and operate critical catalog platform services.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.