Interested in robotics and cloud services? Our team provides customers with the tools and services they need to build, test (simulate), deploy, and manage intelligent robotics applications at scale. We launched AWS RoboMaker at re:Invent'18, building upon the most widely used open-source software framework for robotics, Robot Operating System (ROS). We extended ROS with connectivity to AWS cloud services including LEX for speech recognition, POLLY for speech generation, Kinesis Video Streams to stream camera feeds, Rekognition for image and video analysis, CloudWatch for logging and monitoring, and more. Using AWS services, robots and autonomous systems are no longer limited by onboard resources for computation, memory, or software. But it's still Day 1 for intelligent robotics and AWS Robotics is looking for a passionate leader for the services that power our developer experiences and enable robots to make sense of the highly dynamic and unpredictable physical world, enabling efficient robotic automation in a wide range of operating environments. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us to build cutting edge new technologies to enable cloud robotics. Are you interested in making history and building an Amazon service?
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of features and services that manage robot applications. A successful candidate will have an established background in building customer-facing products and services, the ability to build and lead a team of skilled engineers, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
* Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle;
* Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Overseeing day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment;
* Management of engineering resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a world-class engineering team;
* Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach;
* Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.