The successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, proven ability delivering features using a wide variety of different content entity architectures, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems. You will be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, with a consistent track record of delivery.
In this role, you will:
* Be responsible for the overall systems development life cycle of a key product subsystem
* Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
* Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team of engineers within an Agile/Scrum environment
* Ensure that design and architecture decisions by your team meet goals and vision of platform
* Manage departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
* Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
* Responsible for both development and operations of product(s)
Voice-driven AI experiences are becoming a reality and Amazon Alexa is at the forefront of this latest technology wave. Skill developers today can use a variety of Alexa-provided engagement channels to help Alexa users discover their respective skills and engage with them post-discovery. As a Software Development Manager in the Alexa Experience team, you'll create the developer tools, APIs and performance reports to help skill developers best utilize these channels to drive engagement with their skills.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.