Want to transform the way people enjoy video? Come join the team that made Fire TV, Amazon Video, DirecTV, Hulu, Netflix and more available to Alexa customers. We are building a platform so that anyone can leverage the power of Alexa to ensure customers get to the content they care about, faster.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
As Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on Alexa. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
* Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
* · Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
* · Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
* · Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* · Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
* · The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing complex, interactive customer experiences.
* If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.