About the teamBuying a home is a daunting experience. You know hundreds of decisions, a good deal of effort, and a lot of money stand between you and your dream home. Millions of people look for homes on Zillow, and a large portion of them are passively browsing. Our team exists to set them on a path of action to buying their next home. We empower shoppers to independently find more about specific homes by asking questions or scheduling tours; we also connect shoppers with highly rated local agents to act as a guide and partner through the process. This is providing phenomenal value to consumers (and 70% of Zillow's revenue), but there's much more to be done.
Our success metric is whether shoppers are buying homes they love. This means there's no shortage of major challenges before us. We need you to help us:
* Understand our shoppers better so we can personalize their experience and anticipate their needs.
* Consistently deliver delightful experiences to build their trust in Zillow.
* Educate them about the home buying process and their options in a way that makes them feel informed, not overwhelmed.
* Simplify the existing process or invent better ones to help shoppers move into their next home.
If that sounds like fun to you, we'd love to have you join us.
About the role
As a Development Manager of this team, you will:
* Lead the architecture and implementation of web services and front end apps
* Develop amazing user experiences on web and mobile devices
* Iterate quickly and ship code frequently (the team uses Java, Python, React, Redux, GraphQL, Microsoft SQL Server, AWS SNS, SQS, Lambda, and DynamoDB)
* Foster a collaborative environment with your team of 4-8 to make sure their work is greater than the sum of individual efforts
* Use your passion for excellent products to ensure your team is delivering high quality features
* Coach your direct reports and empower them to grow in their careers
* Research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies within Zillow.
* Be willing to apply your experience to problems at every level of the tech stack.
* Come to work each day with an aim to reshape the real estate industry into something that serves consumers
Who you are
* Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
* At least two years in a management or tech lead role. A passion for mentoring and growing the potential of others.
Get to know usZillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.