At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
The Software Development Manager will be a member of the Spacelabs engineering team leading a team of 10 - 12 in the development of Spacelabs Patient Monitoring and Connectivity (PMC) products. This position requires a deep understanding of solid design and development practices and the ability to apply those to Spacelabs product development. The person will be accountable for managing a team of developers and delivering quality software that support both the suite of existing products and provides a roadmap for Spacelabs next generation Patient Monitoring products. They will also be accountable to set up a state-of-the art Software Development process that meets the global regulatory needs of Medical Device Products. They will work with other cross-functional members to provide technical systems level expertise and solutions to engineering problems. A key element of this role includes advocating for and designing products that meet the cybersecurity needs of our customers.
* Understand current software development philosophies, tools and processes at Spacelabs and lay the foundation to enable Agile software delivery that also meets Global Medical Device development directives.
* Establish, refine and track key software development metrics tied to delivering high quality software products.
* Set goals, refine them on a regular basis, track the completion and adjust appropriately for a 10 - 12 member software development team based in Snoqualmie, WA.
* Align global software team members at Hyderabad, India and other extended team members to deliver the right business value as defined in collaboration with Business and Engineering leadership.
* Provide resourcing support for projects and advocate for the right resources to deliver high quality software for the Spacelabs product portfolio.
* Be the SME for key product initiatives and drive solutions to enable the launch of high-quality Patient Monitoring products.
* Work with the various engineering disciplines to translate market-driven needs into software requirements, technical specification documents and product design.
* Participate in requirements development, systems level architecture design and external communications/connectivity interface designs by collaborating with cross-functional disciplines within and outside Engineering.
* Work with program core team members including Quality and Regulatory to ensure conformance to established design development processes and procedures.
* Lead FMEA discussions at all levels to ensure product quality and reliability.
* Uphold the Company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company's Code of Ethics and Conduct. Ensure that team members (direct or indirect reports) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the Company's values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
* It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
* Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Master's degree is desirable.
* 5+ years' relevant software design experience, of which at least 2 years managing software teams.
* Experience with developing software architecture, reviewing designs created by others, performing code reviews and providing relevant guidance to the team while promoting creativity and independence.
* Experience with establishing software development processes, in particular Agile development methodologies.
* Familiar with one or more risk management techniques (i.e. Hazard Analysis, Risk Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.).
* Working knowledge of software development tools such as TFS, Git, Re-sharper, C++, Qt, Java, etc.
* Experience in hardware and firmware development and the processes associated with product life cycles, such as stage/phase gate product development processes.
* Experience leading a highly cross-functional team in a global corporate environment.
* Familiarity with FDA Quality Systems Regulations (QSR) preferred.
* Medical Device industry experience highly desired.
* Familiarity with security standards and frameworks such as NIST 800-53 is highly desirable.
* Must travel internationally and be able to acquire all necessary travel documents. Travel up to 10%.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
About OSI Systems
OSI Systems is a company that provides electronic systems and components.