It's not just a job, it's a wardrobe.
At Merch by Amazon, we print t-shirts (and sweatshirts, and hoodies, and phone cases and PopSockets). On-demand. For any Amazon customer who orders them. On behalf of thousands of entrepreneurial designers who upload merchandise designs to our site (merch.amazon.com).
It's a service our customers and our designers love. And now we're extending it, to change the game in the licensed merch space. We just announced Merch Collab (collab.amazon.com) - a service we're building to empower brands and designers to collaborate on new merch designs that will blow fans' minds. Brands bring their licensed content. Designers bring their creativity. Customers get to buy unique merchandise that would never have existed otherwise.
We're already working with brands like Rick and Morty and Neil deGrasse Tyson. This is just the beginning. We're looking for a great software development manager to join our team and help us build, launch, and grow Merch Collab.
As a part of this role, you will:
* Build and manage a team of Software Engineers.
* Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
* Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff.
* Interface with our external customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
* Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
* Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver value to customers.
* Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
If you're looking for a chance to build software with a team of top-notch developers, for a new business that promises to shake things up on behalf of all sorts of customers; if you're an expert software practitioner, with a gritty, start-up mentality, and want to build quick, release, learn from data, and then build some more; if you have an interest in Machine Learning, and how to build algorithms from Amazon-scale data to optimize a system (think match-making in our case); if you wear t-shirts, or at least appreciate customers who do - well we might have a job for you. Join us.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.