Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. The AWS Security team owns security for all of these services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, and many others. Our team works with the many AWS teams to solve security challenges at massive scale. We enable the trust by building services that meet the security goals of our customers, from compliance to analysis. We use and innovate on technologies that can raise the security bar for all services offered by AWS, and perform massive-scale data analysis.
Our team is looking for highly intelligent software development professionals to join us and help us continue to raise the security bar for cloud computing. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex software systems, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about delivering results. You should be passionate about solving security hurdles in innovative ways. We do not desire to simply produce good software here at AWS Security... we want to produce disruptive, history changing innovations.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." A typical day on our team involves working with users to design new security features, prototyping and demonstrating features to your users, deploying software through our large automated systems, and operationally supporting your newly deployed software. You are looking for radical new approaches to automate fixes for operational issues. You get to use AWS services to solve design problems. You get to interact with AWS teams to integrate your application with theirs.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success.
This job is located in Herndon, VA
Your team will:
* Work with AWS services to gain access to security relevant data and events.
* Build solutions on AWS utilizing existing AWS products and services.
* Prototype and productize data access capabilities to enable the securing of a large cloud environment.
* Work with customers within AWS Security and with your team of engineers to develop systems that magnify our ability to deeply understand and rapidly improve AWS security.
You're responsible for:
* Management of day-to-day engineering activities using Agile methodologies
* Working closely with customers, engineers and architects to develop the best data warehousing solutions both in terms of performance and in terms of technical merit.
* Hiring, overseeing and mentoring a team of talented and ambitious engineers.
* Drive best practices and engineering excellence
* Developing roadmaps and delivering results.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.