American Management Association
American Management Association (www.amanet.org) is a world leader in talent development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success. AMA's approach to improving performance combines experiential learning-learning through doing-with opportunities for ongoing professional growth at every step of one's career journey. AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of products and services, including classroom and virtual seminars, webcasts, webinars, podcasts, conferences, corporate and government solutions, and research. Organizations worldwide, including the majority of the Fortune 500, turn to AMA as their trusted partner in professional development and draw upon its experience to enhance skills, abilities and knowledge with noticeable results from day one.
AMA is seeking a Software Development Manager to lead a team that is maintaining existing in-house and third-party back-office applications and our eCommerce website.
* Lead a team of full-stack developers in the implementation of application features which support our sales and marketing functions as well as our seminar registration and other back-office functions.
* Collaborate with our internal customers to design and deliver new functionality. Gather business requirements, develop business and technical specifications.
* Contribute to architecture, instrumentation, & performance decisions.
* Keep your hands dirty - Write code and fix bugs.
* Participate in code reviews and contribute to team and personal learning.
* Manage the ongoing enhancements to our existing website and to back-office applications.
* Work with the senior Marketing staff to manage the upgrade of our website.
* Manage Salesforce implementation and ongoing enhancements.
* Participate in on-call coverage.
* Manage pipeline of projects and tasks.
* Manage other related duties.
* Applicant must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Applicant has to be able to daily commute to Midtown Manhattan, New York City
* Bachelor's degree required.
* A solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals
* Minimum of 5 years experience with MS SQL, WebForms, Web Services, C#, and .NET
* Salesforce administration and development
* Excellent communication skills and desire to communicate effectively.
* Excellent understanding of SDLC and ability to manage the team through all phases of the development.
* Ability to analyze and balance across various aspect of software development - timelines, quality, capacity, etc.
* Ability to coach software developers on development best practices.
* Interest in technology and eagerness to learn.
* Strong understanding of enterprise application development paradigms and practices preferred.
* Experience with Test Driven Development preferred.
* Travel in accordance with business need.
An EOE/AA Employer, M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans- an ADA compliance organization
About American Management Association
A world leader in professional development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success.