Are you interested in building a multifaceted service that leverages multiple AWS products and technology platforms to provide a ground breaking service for Enterprise customers? AWS Managed Services (AMS) was recently released and gives the world's largest organizations a turn-key infrastructure operations model for AWS. We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative thought leader with a strong background of innovation and a history of strategic and tactical execution in building exciting new capabilities.
In this position, you will play a pivotal role in defining our technical direction, building a strong development organization, maintaining operational excellence through a strong devops culture, and championing the needs of our customers. Given the breadth of the service this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of AWS. You'll work with our customers, partners, ISVs, and operational stakeholders to understand and prioritize roadmap features, dive into technical challenges, and resolve emergent issues.
The successful candidate will have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining.
We have a need for a Software Development Manager who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This individual will have the responsibility to;
* Define and drive the multi-year vision for the platform of AWS Managed Services.
* Drive project initiatives to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, incorporate in new technologies as appropriate.
* Build relationships with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers across various AWS service teams such as EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift etc to influence product development to support or enhance products.
* Own, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
* Using Agile project management methodologies provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) that leverage Object Oriented design (OOD), distributed programming and Java.
* Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including hiring recommendations and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
* Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
* Oversee resource allocation to ensure appropriate business and staff development goals are met.
* Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business with team, leadership chain, and with customers
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.