Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you someone with a passion for taking on big challenges? Are you interested in large-scale, highly distributed systems? If so, then Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is for you. We're looking for strong technical leaders with backgrounds in distributed systems and storage to help build a highly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment on a massive scale.
You will never be bored in this job. We need people with a passion towards customer satisfaction and expertise in distributed systems, storage, and highly available services. How will we build this? It could be up to you but we apply solid engineering and design principles to develop world-class, highly available services.
We are still at an early stage and an entrepreneurial, fast-paced mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to collaborate while acting, as a thought leader in your area of expertise will serve you well on Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure Team. Does this sound like a challenge you're ready for?
As a service leader, you will:
* Manage the design, development, and operations of a team within our object storage group.
* Collaborate with your team, peers, and senior leadership to identify requirements, coordinate delivery, and integrate solutions for new features and functionality.
* Help define service strategy and roadmap.
* Provide technical expertise and leadership.
* Recruit and continue to build out a capable and cohesive engineering team.
* 10 years experience designing, delivering, and operating large scale distributed systems in production environments.
* 3 years experience managing or leading the design, delivery, and operation of large scale distributed systems.
* Dmonstrable success mentoring and growing junior engineers to senior levels.
* Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix fundamentals.
* Strong knowledge of operating systems, databases, and distributed systems fundamentals.
* Experience with build automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment tools.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.