Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People's Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers' lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we're creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
We are moving in a new direction with Dynamics365 to blaze new trails for Premera in how we enable our customer service reps to quickly help our customers. The team focuses on a wide breadth of work from the front and back end work through to the services used in Azure to retrieve the data presented in the product we are creating. Working with groups across the company we have a great team with an energetic team dynamic.
Adding your skill set to ours we will all get better and raise the bar. How are you going to be able to move us forward with your super powers?
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a full stack team that is able to control the direction they are taking to create a product that meets the needs of the customer service reps (CSRs) and the strategic direction of Premera to make healthcare easier. You will be working in an Agile team environment where the team succeeds by taking initial ideas or requirements and developing them all the way through to implementing a high-quality technical solution. The teams varied skills and experience help us create imaginative solutions and consistent with the organization's objectives.
What you'll do
* Improve the CI/CD processes.
* Look for alternative solutions.
* Use various design techniques (i.e. POC).
* Ensure that the correct tools are used for the job at hand.
* Create test cases and develop automated testing.
* Work with team members to review designs.
* Apply secure engineering best practices.
* Provide sufficient documentation for others to understand the designs implemented.
* Share knowledge and mentor less experienced team members.
What you'll bring
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems and five (5) to eight (8) years of software development experience.
* Ability to show successful development and deployment of technology solutions.
* Ability to collaborate and help others understand your differing points of view.
* Ability to adapt rapidly to new technologies and products.
* A wish to continually improve technical knowledge and skills and share technical knowledge with others.
* Ability to play a lead role when needed related to technology development and deployment.
* Able to demonstrate knowledge of C#, .NET, SQL, Dynamics CRM.
* Knowledge of XAML and USD(Unified Service Desk) preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with good presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Experience working with cloud solutions.
* Experience in healthcare industry or a highly regulated environment.
* Previous experience in an agile environment.
* Exposure to API and service based technologies.
* Experience using and creating automated test tools.
* Experience working with the Dynamics Unified Service Desk (USD).
What we offer
* Medical, vision and dental coverage
* Life and disability insurance
* Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
* Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
* Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
* Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
* Free parking
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to apply online for positions at Premera, please contact Premera Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 425-918-4785.