About the teamAs a member of the Zillow Group Concierge team, you will develop the next generation of software to help propel our business to the next level of growth. We work across many lines of business by providing applications and automation that help our teams engage with our Premier Agent audience. We're always looking for ways to improve our processes and move quickly while ensuring our end-users get the best experience.
Do you love solving complex problems, building services, and bridging the gap to new business opportunities? Read on to learn more!
About the role
* Participate in all stages of application development, from UI design, to development, to deployment, to application monitoring
* Iterate quickly in an agile development process
* Develop infrastructure for a cloud platform that can handle high-volume requests
* Designing relational, NoSQL and Distributed Processing solutions using the latest technologies
* Ensure software is production-ready and is properly monitored for metrics, logging, and performance profiling
* Evaluate and recommend best software designs and architecture for scalability
* Effectively communicate with others on the team including peer code reviews
* Provide feedback to influence product direction
Who you are
* 3+ years of industry experience in designing, coding, and debugging web applications and backend services.
* Strong experience with backend development in one or more programming languages: C#/GoLang/Java
* Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, GCE, or Azure
* Working knowledge with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL
* Ability to multi-task effectively and easily adapt within a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to quickly learn and integrate new technologies as needed
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Experience in addressing large application deployment architectures and concerns such as performance, reliability, scalability, availability and security
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or have applicable experience
* Working knowledge of React/Redux, Typescript
* Experience with GraphQL APIs
* Experience with microservice architecture
* Proficiency in AWS stacks as well as container orchestration, i.e. Kubernetes
* Experience in building real products in the cloud
* Strong in Linux system administration and Shell scripting
Get to know usZillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.