Want to change the world with Big Data and Analytics? Come join us on the Amazon EMR team in Amazon Web Services!
Amazon EMR is a web service which enables customers to run massive clusters with distributed big data frameworks like Apache Spark, Presto, Hive, Tez, Flink, HBase, Hadoop and more, with the ability to effortlessly scale up and down as needed. We run large number of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets.
We are doing innovative work on the open source data processing frameworks with the goal of making the EMR the best place to run big data workloads. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help architect, design and build test suites and frameworks to push Amazon EMR to its limits and beyond.
This is an opportunity to help shape how customers analyze and interact with massive amounts of data. You will work with program management and the development team to scope out features and understand the customer requirements, then work side-by-side with the team to ensure the quality and performance of our system.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Designing and implementing test and performance automation frameworks.
* Writing and executing test plans, designing and developing test tools, debugging and reporting code bugs and pushing quality upstream.
* Participation in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and software quality needs.
* Owning the delivery of an entire software development test suites and frameworks.
* Management and execution of project plans and meeting delivery commitments.
* Working closely with the technical leaders to develop the best technical design and approach for testing our functionality and performance at scale.
* Building software solutions where the problem is not well defined.
* Being capable of understanding the interaction between the components in a distributed system in order to ensure they are functioning properly with top-notch performance.
* Creating and executing appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
In joining our team, you will get to work with a minimum of technical supervision, while playing a variety of roles as needed to respond efficiently to multiple program priorities. You will get to collaborate with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and agile work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing team and one of the most innovative technology companies - but most of all, you will get the satisfaction of making products that millions use every day to great effect!
For more information:
* AWS EMR: https://aws.amazon.com/emr/
* AWS Big Data Blog: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/big-data/
* AWS re:Invent 2018 Keynote - Andy Jassy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOIkOnW640A
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.