Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
We need versatile, curious, and motivated engineers to help define the way we build and test our products and features in a start-up like environment. You will design, build, and maintain a test automation framework and infrastructure that enables the delivery of high-quality software, in collaboration with top-notch research scientists, software developers, and hardware engineers. If you are passionate about pioneering new technologies for the real world, inventing something new, and delivering great software, we want to talk to you.
As a Software Development Engineer for Test you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned software professionals developing innovative consumer-centric product solutions. In this role, you will:
* Design and develop testing systems for continuous deployment
* Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
* Write code for hardware-in-the loop tests
* Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs on mobile robot hardware through resolution
* Integrate with 3D game-engine based robotic simulation systems for rapid evaluation of software performance
* Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
* Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.