Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected WorldAs a global leader in cloud security, Trend Micro develops Internet content security and threat management solutions that make the world safe for businesses and consumers to exchange digital information. With over 20 years of experience, we're recognized as the market leader in server security for delivering top-ranked client, server, and cloud-based data protection solutions that stop threats faster and protect data in physical, virtualized, and cloud environments.
The Sustaining Engineer will be a member of a team responsible for providing support for our security products. These products include but are not limited to: intrusion prevention, firewall, DDoS and traffic anomaly protection, VPN, encryption, port and host scans and web filtering. Candidates should thrive on working in a close, small team environment. This position requires excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communications skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Work closely with the customer support to ensure customer satisfaction
* Use innovative and creative approaches for triaging customer issues
* Work with the automation team to create framework to help automate mundane tasks
* Packet analysis using tools like Wireshark/Ethereal
* Triage analysis and a reproduction of the customer's symptoms
* Provide product code changes in the form of a hotfix or private build
* Experience with and passion for automation and automation tools
* Advanced troubleshooting of technical issues
* Knowledge Microsoft and Linux based services and protocols
* Experience analyzing network traffic data to identify problem areas
* Basic Linux CLI navigation and usage
* Solid understanding of:
* Network and application protocols (IPv4/6, TCP, UDP) down to the packet level
* Networking (switches, routers) and security (firewalls, IPS) equipment and technologies (VPN, VLAN)
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
* 2-3 years of practical experience in a breadth of technical areas.
* Core Java or C/C++ development
* Python automated test case development
* Previous experience in a software engineering or product development organization, including some code management and bug tracking tools knowledge. (GIT, JIRA, etc.)
* Amazing analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
* Familiar with approaches to security, reverse engineering, threat detection, performance, and quality.
* SQL Server database, ETL process knowledge is a plus.
* AWS, Node.js and REACT knowledge is a plus.
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro is a developer of server security, cloud security, and small business content security solutions.