Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
This job contributes to Starbucks success by delivering high-quality, reliable, and stable technologies and security capabilities in support of the Starbucks Engineering Platform. This position is accountable for the installation, configuration, monitoring, analysis, maintenance, and technical support of the platform.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Communicates highly complex ideas and concepts to non-technical peers and customers
* Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
* Support the development team and perform activities to resolve developer issues in a timely and accurate fashion
* Engineer build and release processes
* Ability to effectively manage and partner with technology vendors to deliver against business objectives
* Conducts research and makes recommendations on standards, products, and services
* Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
* Implements all technologies in accordance with Information Security's guiding principles for highly sensitive data
* Provide high-availability operational support and automate solutions across the environment
* Implements deep telemetry capabilities to provide ongoing success and performance metrics
* Implements service monitoring across all platforms to ensure continuous availability and operational continuity of critical systems
* Upholds company policies, and legal/regulatory requirements, such as PCI
* Implements and maintains system configurations and baselines to support secure application development software control best practices and standards
Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary):
* 0-2 years of professional industry experience with software development
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
engineer I - ST
Starbucks Confidential - INTERNAL USE ONLY 2
Skills (minimum skills required):
* 1 years of experience in system administration, network administration, and systems engineering
* 1 years of experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C , Java, Python, Go, Perl and/or Ruby.
* Demonstrated ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
* Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Knowledge in application development and supporting a development environment
* Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine)
* Proficiency in TCP/IP networking, architecture and core technologies ( DNS, routing, iptables, tc, etc.)
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.