Amazon's Sponsored Products advertising business is one of the fastest growing areas in the company. Have you ever wondered what happens behind that "Sponsored" label you see on Amazon? Frankly, there are a lot of interesting things going on. The Sponsored Products Marketplace team creates and optimizes the systems that match advertiser demand (ads) with page supply (placements) using a combination of data-driven product innovation, machine learning, big data analytics, and low latency/high-volume engineering. By the time organic search results are ready, we've processed all of the candidate ads and determined which ones are delivered to the page. We do that billions of times per day, resulting in millions of engagements with products that might otherwise not have been seen by shoppers. The business and technical challenges are significant. Fortunately, we have a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, and a seemingly endless range of new opportunities to build a big, sustainable business that helps Amazon continuously innovate on behalf of all customers.
We're looking for innovative and customer-obsessed professional Software Development Engineers who can help us take our products to the next level of quality and performance. We embrace leaders with a startup mentality -- those who have a disruptive yet clear mission and purpose, an unambiguous owner's mindset, and a relentless obsession for delivering amazing products.
As an Software Development Engineer on our team, you will work alongside Applied Scientists and other Software Development Engineers to deliver targeting, recommendation, and prediction solutions to market. You will be responsible for bridging the experimental domain with the production domain by building robust and efficient computational pipelines to scale up ML models, keeping the models fresh, and ensuring that real-world corner cases are handled correctly. You'll own significant products and features from design through launch, and will work with Product Managers, Applied Scientists, and other Engineers to make your efforts wildly successful. If this sounds like your sort of challenge, read on.
Characteristics indicative of success in this role:
* Highly analytical: You solve problems in ways that can be backed up with verifiable data. You focus on driving processes, tools, and statistical methods which support rational decision-making.
* Technically fearless: You aren't satisfied by performing 'as expected' and push the limits past conventional boundaries. Your dial goes to '11'.
* Engaged by ambiguity: You're able to explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and non-obvious solutions.
* Team obsessed individual contributor: You help grow your team members to achieve outstanding results. You've learned that big plans generally involve collaboration and great communications.
* Quality obsessed: You recognize that professional engineers ship complete, tested software to avoid getting trapped in a sea of technical debt.
* Humbitious: You're ambitious, yet humble. You recognize that there's always opportunity for improvement. You use introspection and feedback from teammates and peers to raise the bar.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.