Amazon's Sponsored Products advertising business is one of the fastest growing areas in the company. Have you ever wondered what happens behind that "Sponsored" label you see in search results on Amazon? Frankly, there are a lot of interesting things going on. The Sponsored Products Marketplace team optimizes the systems and ad placements to match demand with supply using a combination of data-driven product innovation, machine learning, big data analytics, and low latency/high-volume engineering. By the time organic search results are ready, we've processed all of the potential ads and determined which ones are going to be shown. We do that billions of times per day, and that results in millions of engagements with products that might otherwise not have been seen by shoppers. The business and technical challenges are significant. Fortunately, we have a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, and a seemingly endless range of new opportunities to build a big, sustainable business that helps Amazon continuously innovate on behalf of all customers.
We're looking for innovative and customer-obsessed professional engineers who can help us take our products to the next level of quality and performance. We embrace leaders with a startup mentality -- those who seek a disruptive yet clear mission and purpose, have an unambiguous owner's mindset, and are relentlessly obsessed with delivering amazing products.
As a front-end engineer on our team, you will be responsible for delivering public-facting APIs and UI components for targeting controls, ad sourcing techniques, automated targeting strategies, and advertiser-facing recommenders. You'll also have the opportunity to influence and work on the more data intensive backend systems as you create a fantastic customer experience. You'll own small- to medium-sized features from design through launch while you learn our ways of engineering at scale. You will work with product managers, UX designers, and other engineers to make your efforts wildly successful. If this sounds like your sort of challenge, read on.
Characteristics indicative of success in this role:
* Highly analytical: You solve problems in ways that can be backed up with verifiable data. You focus on driving processes, tools, and statistical methods which support rational decision-making.
* Obsessed with interactions: You think deeply about things like button placement and number of steps to complete a task. You care about aesthetics. You create intuitive APIs.
* Technically fearless: You aren't satisfied by performing 'as expected' and push the limits past conventional boundaries. Your dial goes to '11'.
* Engaged by ambiguity: You're able to explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and non-obvious solutions.
* Team obsessed individual contributor: You help grow your team members to achieve outstanding results. You've learned that big plans generally involve collaboration and great communications.
* Quality obsessed: You recognize that professional engineers ship complete, tested software to avoid getting trapped in a sea of technical debt.
* Humbitious: You're ambitious, yet humble. You recognize that there's always opportunity for improvement. You use introspection and feedback from teammates and peers to raise the bar.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.