Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
The S3 Object API team owns the run-time system that is responsible for serving the S3 API to customers. This includes the get, put, copy and delete API's as well as the platform in which each API executes after receiving a request from a customer client. We own building core features, data life cycle workflows, versioning, multi-part upload and static website hosting for the S3 webserver. Our systems must be designed to handle wildly varying access patterns and unprecedented load as AWS continues to grow at an incredible rate, driven by usage from customers across 190 countries.
The S3 Object API team is looking for passionate, experienced software engineers to build the next generation of S3. As a member of the S3 Object API, you will have the unique opportunity to both take part in design, development and ownership of entire backend sub-systems that solve hard distributed system problems as well as doing the same for new API's that are used by millions of applications around the world. Join us as we define S3 for customers and significantly drive growth not just for S3, but for the entire AWS ecosystem.
* Building highly-available distributed systems on a cloud infrastructure
* Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security
* Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
* Effectively estimating time to implement design
* Thinking in terms of architecture as well as code
* Digging deep to solve problems with a lot of ambiguity
* Delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services
* Training and mentoring the engineering community on complex technical issues
* Writing high quality code, participating in code reviews, designing/architecting systems of varying complexity and scope, and creating high quality documentation supporting the design/coding tasks.
* Participating in team meetings, stand-ups, and architecture/design discussions
* Identify areas of improvement in our frameworks, tools, processes and strive to make them better. Evaluate our success metrics and evolve our reporting systems
* Participate in the roadmap definition for the team
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.