Do you believe cloud computing will be a disruptive force in industry and education? Do you want to architect and develop new tools to help institutions, educators, and students prepare for the cloud-enabled workforce of tomorrow? Do you enjoy mission-driven development, building awesome software, and integrating across a wide variety of services?
Amazon Web Services launched the AWS Educate initiative to accelerate cloud-related learning that provides support to students, educators, and education institutions. Our customers include universities, community colleges, and high schools. We are creating opportunities for thousands of students to thrive in the cloud-first economy.
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated software development engineer to lead the development of the AWS Educate software platform on mobile devices. You will lead the team in defining architectural approaches and coding highly scalable web & mobile applications, tools, services and solutions for the AWS Educate community. This role is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers in the education community while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
Some of the key job functions:
* Translate business and functional requirements from external and/or internal customers and end-users into mobile design and technical specifications.
* Implement AWS Educate member- and internal-facing mobile products, starting from design through implementation.
* Build new tools and enhance existing feature sets using both AWS services and Salesforce.com to expand and enhance the AWS Educate student and educator portals, with a focus on mobile devices
* Participate in designing and implementing key functional areas of the customer experience, including mobile applications and platform services.
* Design and build functional components, including code reviews, testing, deployment and post-launch monitoring for mobile devices.
* Lead AWS Educate engineering operations, driving excellence in feature stability, performance and flexibility for mobile devices.
* Build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well between a range of complex mobile systems.
* Contribute across the full software development lifecycle, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance on mobile devices.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.