The Microsoft Silicon team is transforming the ways people communicate, create, and collaborate through the devices and components we develop. We're a growing team of engineers on a mission to develop revolutionary designs and ship first-to-market products. Our team is creative and resourceful; we value growth and learning. We want to amplify your abilities so you can do your best work. Join us, and together we'll turn groundbreaking hardware designs into reality!
We are looking for a talented and motivated Software Engineer to join our team and help build new Microsoft Devices such as HoloLens. In this role you will be creating the software required to help bring new hardware devices to life. From Windows desktop applications, to OS system software, to embedded systems and firmware.
* B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
* 3+ years of software development industry experience
* Proficient in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, C#
* Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with cross-functional organizations
* Passion for learning about low-level software and the development lifecycle for devices
* Experience with embedded systems development and concepts
* Passion for working with microcontrollers and FPGAs such as PSoC, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Zynq, etc.
* Experience with Scripting Languages such as PowerShell and Python
* Unix/Linux familiarity
* Windows UI development including WPF and XAML
* Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will provide hardware teams what they need to boot, test, and certify new hardware. The ideal candidate will be someone with a broad range of software development skills and a strong desire to work with hardware. Some travel may be required for this position.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.