We are thrilled to have a Software Development Engineering opening for you in the Spock Team! As part of the Spock team you'll work on the most advanced systems in Inventory Placement. We protect inventory availability for customer delivery speed, manage inventory balance between FCs, and we replenish inventory to our growing secondary networks including Prime Now, Prime Wardrobe, Bookstore, Campus and international marketplaces! We do all that with lead time and supply chain variability as core aspects of our optimization modelling. As a member of our team you'll be able to contribute directly to our customer's experience with the Amazon supply chain, as well as reduce fulfillment cost and maximize free cash flow, across all worldwide marketplaces! But wait, there's more! Inventory Placement has dedicated Analytics, Operational Research and Machine Learning resources and you'll get the unique opportunity of working with as part of our team.
This role might be for you if…
* You thrive on solving textbook-less problems
* You use object-oriented design concepts to program large multi-tier systems. You have working knowledge of common and useful design patterns.
* You want to be on the ground floor for innovating and incorporating reinforcement learning and other machine learning methodologies into supply chain systems at Amazon scale.
* You have designed, launched, refactored, re-architected, deprecated and/or implemented large-scale cloud-based distributed services with millisecond latency and ultra-high transactional volumes.
* You design at the product level with heavy involvement through all phases of the SDLC using concepts that may include Service Oriented Architecture, caching, load balancing, non-relational databases, microservices, sharding, n-tiered architecture, cloud and/or map-reduce.
* You have experience implementing best practices in improving team coding culture subjected related to quality and/or security.
* Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences.
In this job, you will…
* Experiment with whatever technology we need to get the job done.
* Use Lean Software Development concepts such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
* Use Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
* Work with Senior and Principal Engineers, Researchers, and Data Engineers across multiple teams to design a new platform for optimizing supply chain management
* Expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives.
* Automate third party supply management systems and break new ground to drive inventory across Amazon marketplaces.
Are you excited by being able to have Amazon deliver items to your front door within hours? Being able to pick up your groceries already bagged up, with everything you want in-stock? Are you fascinated by Amazon's ability to combine your online shopping into fewer boxes and shipments? All of these amazing customer experiences are possible because of Inventory Placement - we get the right inventory to the right place, at the right time!
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.