CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service - all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
* October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
* June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
* April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
This is a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) position in the sensor engineering team. At CrowdStrike, SDETs and SDEs work together in combined engineering teams. SDETs are key contributors in the team's focus on quality of the sensor.
Here are the quality-focused tasks in the team that SDETs are heavily involved in:
* Analyze complex software features, and build effective test strategies and test design
* Build useful tools, frameworks, and test setup to use for developing tests effectively; the goal is to minimize manual testing and for the team to write automated tests for the product
* Identify and write specialized tests necessary that are not feature-specific but are still important to ensure the quality of the system as a whole - performance, scalability, limits etc.
* Debug bugs found through test or customer cases to identify root cause and use the input to improve tests
* Work collaboratively with product and release management to control risk, improve quality, and streamline our release cycles
* Rigorous product and test code reviews with an eye towards improving the security and robustness of the system as a whole
SDETs use their strong software development skills to build effective tools, harnesses, and specialized tests to assure that quality. SDETs also participate actively in design and code reviews, and collaborate with the cloud team to assure end-to-end system functionality.
The ideal SDET candidate must have demonstrated passion to find bugs -- i.e. they must like breaking software as much as writing code! They also must have demonstrated ability to write high-quality code in C or C++ and scripting languages like Python. Experience on Unix or Linux with code that has high reliability requirements; code that needs to pay attention to low-level operating characteristics (memory usage, efficient performance, correct conformance to external standards) is also highly desired.
Though the following are not all required for this position at the outset, strong SDETs in the team eventually build the following skills:
* Deeper understanding of fundamental computer science concepts; experience in analysis and implementation of data structures, algorithms, and software design
* Ability to write and automate test cases, triage bugs, and write actionable bug reports
* Ability to read code with a focus on its robustness and security (or lack thereof)
* Ability to clearly define test strategies for features, and implement those strategies
* A track record of shipping quality software
The team provides strong mentoring and management support to develop these skills while working on their core deliverables. SDETs also have the opportunity, along with SDEs, to learn more about the tools, techniques, and procedures employed in attacks on our customers and to use this knowledge in challenging the entire team to constantly improve Falcon's capabilities.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
* Market leader in compensation + stock options
* Competitive vacation policy
* Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
* Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
* Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
* Wellness programs
* Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
* Peer recognition
* Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
* Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry's best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CrowdStrike is a provider of security technology and services, focused on identifying threats in advance and on targeted attacks.