Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you enthusiastic about quality and leading individuals to do their best? Do you want to make an impact in both technology and the business? Are you skilled in test automation? The Test Architect is a technical hands-on leader in the testing organization who is passionate about driving efficiency in the software development process. You provide overall leadership on test strategy, script design, script execution, automation framework, service virtualization, data virtualization, and environment design & advanced Test Management strategies all combined to improve effectiveness, costs and velocity.
* Provide technical leadership around testing, automation frameworks, best practices and solutions
* Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities - prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
* Provide consultation on the most complex testing and automation strategies
* Assess current state of automation and testing implementations, do a gap analysis and provide strategic direction
* Provide tooling solutions for any automation limitations
* Collaborate with delivery partners to build solutions on testing, automation to achieve CI/CD
* Minimum 7 years' experience in automation testing development
* Experience with Selenium Web driver and grid for parallel executions
* Practical experience with Agile Scrum and waterfall methodologies
* Experience constructing test plans and executing against these plans across functional, regression unit, system, performance, stress and load testing
* Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages/frameworks: C#, Java, Python, .NET/Java frameworks
* 2+ years hands on experience with implementing Continuous Integration and build automation systems such as Jenkins, Octopus etc.
* Experience in architecting, implementing solutions/frameworks for front end and APIs
* Excellent coding skills
* Strong knowledge and understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and tools to support IT
* Experience using Web Service Testing Tools (e.g. CA LISA, SoapUI, other WS tools)
* Experience using test management tools such as HPQC or Jira
* Experience with Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
* Knowledge of Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation are essential
* Understanding of Performance Testing
* Knowledge of mobile automation tools such as Perfecto Mobile and Mobile Labs
* Knowledge of containers, virtualizations and ability to help design and implement computing grids used in testing Selenium
* Knowledge of Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
* Awareness to TDD/BDD approaches and relevant tools such as cucumber
* Knowledge of security testing
* Published and presented technical articles/papers in conferences, journals etc.
Allstate is a company operating as a personal lines property and casualty insurer.