Career CategoryInformation SystemsJob Description
Are you eager to take your software development testing skills and use them in creative new ways to test ground breaking software that helps develop life-changing biotech medicines? Amgen is using cloud technology, DevSecOps frameworks, and migration and continuous deployment pipelines to build new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses. We are seeking an SDE/T engineer to fill a position in Amgen's newly built Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) team. Our small product team is a high-energy, tight-knit group who builds our DevSecOps framework used globally by Amgen development teams.
This position focuses on continuing to develop our automated test harness that tests, deploys, and runs our internally developed DevSecOps framework. Our framework is built using open-source and AWS services. Your test experience will range from testing custom code development and DataOps, to testing and deploying Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications into Amgen's cloud ecosystem. In addition, you will provide mentorship to our client software development engineers and scientists.
* Enhance our testing practices and improve the testing frameworks around unit, CI, load, and performance testing capabilities against the full CI/CD and migration pipeline
* Develop new automated test services to ensure our full-stack monitoring service works with both custom and COTS applications
* Test end-to-end CI/CD use cases, understanding our diverse user community configurations, use cases, and environments
* Learn and understand DataOps testing needs and requirements. Test DataOps pipeline configurations for ML and AI.
* Effectively test using public cloud environments, particularly AWS and GCP
* Work with other test engineers at Amgen and help lead and evolve the best testing practices across our scientific and client teams
* Assist and help data scientists and data analytics teams use and adopt testing in their DataOps lifecycle
* Be an integral member of the core DevSecOps/DataOps development team and help develop, test, deploy, and operate the service 24x7x365 globally.
Master's degree and 2 years' experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience
Associate degree and 10 years of directly related experience
High School /GED and 12 years of directly related experience
* BS or MS in computer science or related field
* 3+ years testing in an agile, TDD driven development environment using automated unit, acceptance, CI, and system testing shipping commercial software through at least one development lifecycle
* Experience testing web service technologies using automated DevSecOps frameworks with modern programming languages and application frameworks.
* Experience doing full stack testing including infrastructure cloud services (Storage, VMs, Network, etc.) as well as application and user experience in a continuous CI/CD pipeline environment
* Experience crafting, building, and running automated test frameworks in distributed cloud environments such as AWS and GCP
* Knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes/EKS cluster management for container orchestration
* Understand security and encryption technologies. Knowledge of authentication protocols including OpenID, OIDC, OAuth, SAML, and LDAP.
* Experience using Jenkins and opensource test tools
* Familiarity testing serverless computing and microservice functions a plus
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Amgen provides benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Amgen (formerly known as Applied Molecular Genetics) is a biotech company discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering human therapeutics products.