Do you have an interest in learning the application architecture and implementation to support testing? Do you have what it takes to build comprehensive testing framework / solutions to validate the application especially from back-end? Do you have a passion in writing code to break someone else's code? Are you interested in digital photography and product development for creative professionals? If you answered "yes" to the questions above, you should consider joining the Photography automation team to help build products that millions of passionate customers use worldwide.
We are looking for an energetic Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who is a team-oriented individual who thrives in a small to medium size team. You will help to support and enhance the overall automation testing experience for all client applications across the Lightroom Ecosystem.
What you'll do
* Learn the application architecture and implementation to gain sufficient knowledge prior to supporting existing test solutions and implementing new solutions.
* Participate in an agile software development environment.
* Build and deploy applications to different test environments.
* Manage different test environments to support Software Development Engineers to test their own branches.
* Develop, execute, maintain, and enhance existing automation test frameworks and test cases (UI, API, backend, performance, etc.)
* Work with peers to perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to improve code quality.
* Analyze and triage test result to drive issues to their closures supporting release testing and production deployment.
* Be knowledgeable with the application to support debugging and validating the application manually.
* Effectively communicate all issues and findings to drive issues to their closure.
* Use 3rd party testing tools to support testing (e.g., Synthetics to support automation outside corporate network)
* Work closely with Software Development Engineers to understand and validate feature design and implementation.
* Stay adept to ever-changing technologies and tools to continuously improve overall efficiency and effectiveness in testing.
* Advocate for high quality and excellent usability on the behalf of customers. Translate those voices into actual action items and deliverables.
* Be a team player. Work well with the team as both leader and follower.
What you need to succeed
* BS/MS Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience.
* Minimum of three years of experience as a Software Development Engineer (SDE) or Software Development Engineer in Test.
* Proficient in Object-Oriented Programing (OOP) language
* Proficient in scripting language.
* Proficient in SQL programming language.
* Experience with using and enhancing open source test framework and involved technologies to support testing web, API, mobile, etc., application.
* Experience with building an application environment using containerization software
* Experience with using CI/CD tools to drive the CI/CD solution
* Experience with using and leveraging code coverage tool to identify metrics to improve quality.
* Ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous tasks.
* Ability to achieve results with little supervision or direction.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Passion for photography is a plus, but not required.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.