Amazon Web Services (AWS) is building its own world-class personalization platform and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance marketing products and features. The team is at the beginning of building a single technology stack to support marketing campaign creation, and build a large-scale, algorithmically driven planning and performance-based system. Among other challenges the team owns where, when, and to whom we serve marketing. Our products are strategically important to Amazon Web Services businesses driving long-term growth.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, you will own the design and implementation of significant portions of the product development, and serve as a leader and mentor for other engineers in their areas of work. You will help set the features, architecture, and best practices of the team, and have significant influence on our overall strategy. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating a reliable and high performance product requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building highly scalable distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, you will:
* Lead the design, get your hands dirty and write code, and ultimately deploy large-scale distributed services.
* Possess expert knowledge in performance, large scale distributed system scalability, system architecture, and engineering best practices.
* Teach and lead with your deep, specialized domain knowledge and expertise (e.g., data lake and web services design, big data processing and analytics architectures, machine learning training, and optimization).
* Champion and define best practices for performance at scale and mentor more junior engineers.
* Obsess over operational excellence, evaluate system performance, security, design system metrics and driving quality improvement
* Identify and solve technology-related bottlenecks, and provide enhancements to existing code base.
* Obsess over customer needs and satisfaction
* Create intellectual property, influence others while demonstrating significant creativity and being vocally self-critical
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.