Within Amazon's Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A), we enjoy a unique vantage point into everything happening within Amazon. As part of that, this role would be part of a team that is responsible for Company's enterprise-wide financial planning & analytics environment.
* Are you excited about working directly to empower users?
* Love to get your hands dirty and solve challenging technical issues?
This opportunity is a great fit for someone with software development skills with background in data architecture and metadata modeling skills, but who is eager for an opportunity to gain skills in other aspects of building & maintaining an enterprise-scale data & analytics software system.
The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all levels of finance leadership. If you're passionate about building tools that enhance productivity, improve financial accuracy, reduce waste, and improve work-life harmony for a large and rapidly growing finance user base, come join us!
Responsibilities of this position include:
* Understand team software architecture and make technical trade-off decisions at application level. Automate and simplify team development, test, and operations processes. Design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for software services.
* Define scalable design architecture, implement it via code and deliver it on schedule, applying appropriate technologies and current software engineering best practices.
* Provide on-line reporting and analysis and a logical abstraction layer against large, multi-dimensional datasets and multiple sources. Gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture.
* Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms and make appropriate implementation trade-off decisions. Write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.
* Understand the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties, and dependencies of your team's software, including hardware platform, operating system and build dependencies.
* Report on the status of projects in a timely and accurate fashion using available metrics. Take ownership of problems, propose solutions, and either take ownership for their resolution or ensure a clear hand-off to the right owner.
* Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
* Participate in the full development life cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery, support, and maintenance.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.