FOR OVER 35 YEARS, WE'VE BEEN MAKING HISTORY. NOW, WE'RE BUILDING THE FUTURE.
TECHS ON THE BEACH
On April 14, 1981, in Honolulu, Hawaii, William "Bill" Melton incorporated his new tech company. The original intention was to provide a recourse for retailers who'd been swindled by people handing out bad checks. Bill's product was a kind of verification device using phone lines-a verification phone.
But then a pivot. The credit card industry was relatively new at the time and processing was still being done with carbon paper. Bill saw a way to reduce costs for companies like Visa and MasterCard, while capitalizing on this new technology. Instead of verifying checks, we would provide local businesses a means to electronically process credit card payments. And thus, the Verifone payment device was born.
Now, Verifone is one of the world's largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 6,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Do you have an aptitude and real passion for software development and hardware?
Are you motivated by helping and supporting others?
Are you a high energy, self-starter, capable of working independently and collaboratively?
If so, we have an exciting and dynamic full time position for you within the Verifone Global Deployment Engineering team.
We are looking for a Deployment Engineer to join our Global Deployment Engineering team. The Deployment team is chartered with ensuring Verifone product designs and supply chain systems are built from the start with frictionless deployment in mind. Frictionless deployment means that Verifone can fully automate the terminal software configuration process to enable one touch, cloud-based loading of all terminal software configurations (operating system, applications, security keys, parameters, and other content). Frictionless deployment also means that are terminals are properly set up on all backend servers & portals automatically to enable terminals to connect & transact payments out of the box
Our Deployment team and solutions need to support various forward and reverse logistics supply chain configurations globally involving both direct and indirect market channels. Our solutions need to support a range of supply chain configurations including factory direct, regional fulfillment & repair centers, 3rd party distribution channels, and over the air configuration at the end customer site.
Our deployment applications are constructed using these architectural approaches and techniques:
REST/Hypermedia and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
MPA (Multiple Page Application), Dependency Injection and IOC (Inversion Of Control)
Agile development techniques and Scrum development processes
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* In accordance with company coding conventions, approved designs and project standards, perform appropriate coding, code commenting, debugging, bug fixing, code testing and unit-testing, and other supplementary related activities.
* Participate in creating/updating technical documentation (e.g. Requirements Document, Functional Design, Interaction Design, Technical Design, etc.).
* Communicate in a clear and structured way with clients, colleagues and managers.
* Follow the agreed team or project processes and procedures, including reporting to superiors on status of project/release/task efforts and key issues.
* Diagnose software, system, and hardware failures that impact deployment.
* Provide production support when required.
Skills & Abilities:
* University degree in relevant subject area (computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, etc.) and 2+ year experience.
* Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with "can do" attitude.
* Ability to take high- level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
* Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
* Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
* Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
* Excellent skills and experience in some or all of following tech stacks:Front-end : HTML5, Angular JS
* Back-end: Java, Node.js, Spring, Hibernate, relational databases (eg.MySQL,Oracle)
* Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
* Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
* Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
* Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion.
* Cloud development: Amazon Web Services is a plus.
Verifone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.