Are you excited about building applications that use computer vision and machine learning to make autonomous decisions? The Visual Bin Inspection(VBI) team is looking for a talented software engineer to be part of the innovation driving counting of items through completely automated as well as computer-human hybrid techniques.
You and your team will own state-of-the-art automation systems for Amazon's Fulfillment Centers using computer vision, machine-learning, custom-designed image-processing algorithms. The team collaborates with computer vision research scientists to solve tough problems, develop hardware and software prototypes, building them into large-scale production systems across Amazon's global FC network.
Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates software, hardware, and the processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move billions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
As a software development engineer on this team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the design and development of our services, by
* Working with extraordinary talent to drive scalable design to host machine learning solutions
* Designing, implementing, testing, deploying and maintaining innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
* Using software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
* Writing high quality distributed system software
* Collaborating with Research scientists to enable development of new machine learning models, update and retrain current models
* Working in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always focusing on the most important tasks
If you are excited to be working on cutting edge technology and want to get immersed into computer vision and machine learning, you'll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow. You will own development and operation of the systems that you develop. If this sounds interesting to you, talk to us!
As a software developer, if you already happen to have a familiarity or passion in machine-learning, image-processing, hardware integration and/or computer vision - you can jump right in!
If you are not familiar with those areas, we'd love to have you and will help you to learn.
Our team was recently featured by CNN :
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.