Are you interested in shaping the future of computer vision? Do you want to define the next generation Artificial Intelligence that can understand and analyze images and documents? Do you want to build customer-facing solutions leveraging deep learning and other ML technologies?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is seeking an innovative and results-oriented Software Development Engineer for our recently announced Amazon Textract service. Amazon Textract (https://aws.amazon.com/textract/) provides deep learning-based image and document analysis capabilities and makes it easy to quickly and accurately extract data from documents and forms. Amazon Textract goes beyond simple optical character recognition (OCR) to also identify the contents of fields in forms and information stored in tables. Amazon Textract automatically detects a document's layout and the key elements on the page, understands the data relationships in any embedded forms or tables, and extracts everything with its context intact. Amazon Textract APIs enable you to quickly add semantic data extraction, document analysis, smart search and much more to your applications.
We are looking for a strong SDE to lead new initiatives in Amazon Textract. You will be leading the design and implementation of new capabilities that will push the envelope in computer vision and machine learning to build state of the art experiences in text recognition and analysis.
We are seeking a Software Engineer that is a technology leader and demonstrates exemplary practice in design and implementation of new scalable services. This person will lead technology areas that drive solutions for a super solid, scalable, efficient, and extremely fault tolerant service. The individual should also be a thought leader in influencing our overall strategy by helping define the product features, driving system architecture, and spearheading the best practices that enable a quality product. The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving some of the hardest engineering challenges in distributed systems at massive scale on an ongoing basis and have a demonstrable track record for delivering successful products. Prior experience with computer vision or machine learning will be a significant plus.
This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of service engineering, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. The Software Engineer will -
* Develop and deploy cloud software framework for computer vision processing
* Design and develop innovative REST APIs and SDKs to deliver computer vision and machine learning capabilities
* Integrate computer vision capabilities with other cloud services
* Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of Java and C++ software
* Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibility between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
* Create new feature and performance improvements
* Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications.
* Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
If you are a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic software professional who is passionate about new technologies including big data, computer vision, and machine learning, then this is the right team for you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.