For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, B ergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates works towards the goal of enabling our customer to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
This position is for a Software Development Engineer - Full Stack who will help us design/develop will help build websites that power our next generation platform. We are looking for someone who can drive development and delivery, build sound architecture and foster best practices in ecommerce website development and mentoring other engineers to grow.
We have a progressive, forward thinking Digital Product and Platform organization who believe in developer empowerment. As a developer you will have access to industry leading CI/CD tools and metrics/monitoring view into the code you develop and deploy. This role requires Java Script, React, Node.js, Cloud native Micro services development, Java.
* Design and develop globally deployed cloud based micro-services and user interface solutions with high availability.
* Ensure designs are aligned with best engineering practices.
* Work hands on in a team. Mentor other engineers
* Collaborate with architects, engineers, product owners and designers.
* Be a technical solution expert within and across teams
* Follow test-driven development.
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
* Have extensive experience working hands-on in an agile environment
* 5 years of in-depth development experience with Java.
* 2 years of build experience with React.js, Redux, RxJS, Node.js in developing responsive websites
* Knowledge building highly scalable, distributed and fault tolerant cloud native applications
* Experience developing RESTful Web Services, Web APIs, and cloud native micro-services.
* Solid experience with SQL and NoSQL based solutions.
* Knowledge in TDD, CI/CD using Jest, Mocha/Enzyme, Gradle, Jenkins 2.0.
* Take initiative in building and shipping high quality code
* Ability to write clean, modular, reusable code (using design patterns) and experience with unit-test driven approach to development
Bonus Skills & Experience
* Experience with AWS deployments
* Reactive programming - RxJava, Akka Play.
* Experience with AWS Serverless / FaaS applications
* Experience working in a DevOps environment with continuous delivery
* Experience using docker & related orchestration tools to build, ship and run applications.