Are you a Windows stack (C#, .NET, SQL) Software Development Engineer interested in working on robotic applications to enable the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)? Be part of the next wave of spatial computing by designing an IoT Edge compute solution for Fives industrial robots. Our custom software is designed to interface with many different hardware devices (robot control system, projectors, cameras, lasers, sensors, and more) utilizing a real-time streaming data pipeline.
So many software jobs on the market today don't facilitate a clear understanding of how software is used to control real world hardware. In this job, you will apply your software engineering background with experts in mechanical and electrical engineering to develop software for an automated manufacturing work cell.
Fives Lund is seeking an experienced Software Engineer for our office located in Seattle, Washington with a strong background in developing custom remote sensing applications. If you have experience developing high performance, data streaming applications, then send us your resume today.
* Contributes to the overall architecture and design of a real-time, data streaming, and analysis (IoT) software product
* Collaborates with international research institutions to design state of the art sensor hardware
* Designs and develops robust, secure and scalable applications
* Maintains high quality, rapid development on time and within budget
* Triages bugs, analyzing root causes and resolving them, to maintain high quality through the release cycle
Expected Skills & Experience
* Visual Studio IDE, C#, .NET Framework
* Database technology (MS-SQL)
* Exposure to one or more "NoSql" technologies a plus (memcache, mongo, redis, etc)
* Exposure to data transport technologies a plus (DDS, RabbitMQ, AMQP, MQTT, Kafka, etc)
* Source control (git, svn) and continuous integration servers
* Solid knowledge of programming design patterns
* Internet of Things (IoT) frameworks and sensor data acquisition
* User interface experience with WinForms and/or WPF
* Demonstrated ability to use Agile collaboration tools (Confluence, Jira)
* Background with 3D mathematics a plus
* Good English communication skills both written and spoken
* BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred
* Compensation commensurate with experience
* Paid Time Off
* 401(k) with Employer Contributions
* Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
* Life & Disability Coverage
* Potential for annual profit sharing bonus
Located in Seattle, WA., Fives Lund LLC, a Fives Group company, designs and builds complex, turn-key machines and systems based on unique requirements of our customer base. Ranging from aerospace manufacturing to pharmaceutical, life-science and renewable energy markets, we work hand-in-hand with our customers through all phases of the project lifecycle from system requirement definition, design, proof-of-concept, manufacturing, commissioning and support.
Fives is a global industrial engineering group that designs and supplies robotics, process equipment and production lines for the world's largest industrial sectors including aerospace, automotive, bio-tech, semiconductor and energy.
* This position is NOT eligible for remote or contract work.
US Citizen or permanent resident status only. FOREIGN nationals or organizations are NOT be eligible for this position. Please no H1 visa sponsorship requests.
* Recruiters, please do not reply to posting or contact company
Lieu de l'offre Seattle, Washington, États-Unis Lieu où se trouve la société Fives Lund LLC Service Recherche&Développement Type de poste CDI Temps plein